Department of Agriculture
Mission & vision of department/unit.
Mission - To promote Sustainable Agriculture and a thriving Agribusiness
through Research and Technology Development, effective Extension
and other support services to farmers, processors and traders for
Vision - A modernized Agriculture cultivating in a structurally transformed
economy and evident in food security, employment opportunities and
1. Food Security and emergency preparedness.
2. Improved growth in incomes.
3. Increased competitiveness and enhanced integration into domestic and international market.
4. Sustainable management of land and environment.
5. Improved institutional co-ordination.
6. Science and technology applied in food and agriculture development.
Services/Functions provided by department/unit.
1. Agricultural Extension Services
Projects/programmes executed & ongoing (yearly/quarterly programmes):
1. Planting for Food and Jobs (PFJ)
Head of department/unit:
F. K. Boadi-Asamoah - 0244043741
1. Blewu Hoppeson
2. Abutiate Benson
3. Alice Attah
1. Blewu Hoppeson
2. Munkalia Jawad
Pamela Aklamanu - 0242371397
List of other members of the department/unit, their ranks and titles:
1. Price Ofori-Boateng - Snr. Agric. Officer, M. I. S Officer.
2. Peter Matey – Assistant Agric. Officer, Agricultural Extension Agent (AEA).
3. George Akpo – Agric. Officer, District Development Officer for Livestock.
4. Pamela Mawuse Aklamanu – Snr. Executive Officer, Administrator.
5. Samuel Amoah – Chief Technical Officer, AEA.
6. Gilbert Nyamanyahe – Chief Technical Officer, AEA.
7. Francis Botsyo – Principal Technical Officer, AEA.
8. Kenneth Akoto-Blankson – Snr. Animal Production Officer, AEA.
9. Seth Ahiakonu – Chief Animal Health Officer, AEA for Veterinary.
10. Gloria Asamoah – Assit. Chief Technical Officer, AEA for Veterinary.
11. Eric Sakyi – Accountant, Accountant.
12. Dominic Tawiah – Agriculture Engineer, AEA