The unit provides leadership in the development and application of IT/IM standards and quality assurance system in relation to the implementation, development and the deployment of IT/IM systems and resources
It also advises on the provision and maintenance of computers and office accessories. The unit also contributes to addressing IT/IM problems and issues and provides leadership in the design and implementation of security measures to protect the IT/IM installations, infrastructure and systems.
The MIS unit exists to enhance the use of enabling technologies, in particular Information and Communication Technology.
1. Collection, analyzing, managing and dissemination information(data) to support the development and implementation of policies and programmes for the district.
2. Assist in the design and implementation of security measures to protect the IT systems
3. Oversees all issues regarding the software licensing and support.
4. Advises on the acquisition and development of computer software for the assembly.
5. To ensure the development of capabilities, skills and knowledge of staffs and transfer of technology.
6. Make inputs into acquisition of all Information Technology equipment and accessories for use by the assembly